This setup guide is for HTTPS only websites. Before starting please make sure that your website URL starts with https://. If not, then proceed to the HTTP setup guide.
Web Push for pure HTTPS Websites
- In the Dashboard, under Settings > Website, check that the website is listed with HTTPS selected as Yes.
- We would recommend adding the Default Title, Message as well as Icon for notifications.
- Add GCM project number and API Key, which you can get from this guide. While not compulsory, it is required if you want to export subscriber endpoint list.
- Once done, head to the Integrate section from the sidebar. This is a two-part step. First, copy the universal code to the <head> section of the HTTPS website. If you are on Wordpress, Joomla or Magento, do follow their specific setup guides.
Next, there will be two files shown in the Integrate section, download these to your system and then upload them to the root of the HTTPS domain. These need to accessible publicly.
- That's it, users will now be prompted to subscribe to notifications. You can change the opt-in prompt as well as customize its text.
If you were using Web Push Notifications from another vendor, then keep the subscriber endpoint list handy and head to the Migration guide.