Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), users in the EU (European Union) would have full control over their data and can delete, demand access and even modify when required. PushAlert is fully compliant with GDPR and understands the rights of the user to their data. The same applies for CCPA compliance as well, PushAlert is fully committed to honor any information, opt-out or deletion requests from consumers.
If you are subscribed to web push notifications on a PushAlert powered website, you can remove your data easily from our database, as and when required, by simply unsubscribing from notifications. Upon unsubscription, all data is removed from our database.
For Customers using PushAlert, when you cancel your account, all the data associated with your account gets deleted permanently pursuant to our data retention policy. You may access or modify your data stored with us from your account dashboard.
Here are steps to unsubscribe from web push notifications on some of the most popular browsers. If your web browser is not listed here, please refer to the help section of your browser to disable web push notifications.
Chrome - Desktop
- Click on the ellipsis on your Chrome browser, then click on Settings.
- Click on Advanced, then go to Content Settings (under Privacy and Security).
- Click on Notifications and choose the Website.
- Click on the ellipsis and select Remove.
Chrome - Android
- Tap on the ellipsis on your Chrome browser, then tap on Settings.
- Head to Site Settings and select Notifications.
- Choose the website and then tap on "Clear & Reset".
Firefox - Desktop
- Click on the Menu on your Firefox browser, then click on Options.
- Click on Privacy and Security, then scroll down to Notifications and click on Settings.
- Choose the website and click on "Remove Website".
- Click on "Save Changes".
Firefox - Android
- Tap on the Control Center (lock).
- Tap "Edit Site Settings"
- Put a check mark next to Notifications, then tap Clear.
Opera - Desktop
- Click on the Menu button on your Opera browser, then click on Settings.
- Click on Websites, then scroll down to Notifications.
- Click on Manage exceptions.
- Hover over the website name, and then click on cross (Remove) icon.
Opera - Android
- Tap on the Opera icon in your browser, then tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to privacy, then tap on Site Settings.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Tap on the website, then tap on Clear and Reset.
Safari - Mac
- Go to Preferences on your Safari browser.
- Click on Notifications.
- Choose the website and click on Remove.